You Can Help Save the Bees!
1. Buy local honey.
2. Do not kill honey bees they do not want to hurt you.
3. Do not use pesticides (bug killer) in your yard!
4. Plant nectar and pollen-producing flowers like: Geraniums, Iris, Foxglove, Cosmos, Zinnia, Sunflowers, Dahlias, Asters, Marigolds, Hyacinths, Crocuses, Daisies, Daffodils, Tulips, or Catnip
5. Plant flowers in colors that bees can see: Blue, Purple, Orange, and Yellow. They cannot see Red.
6. Grow flowers that bloom over a range of seasons. This way, there will be food for the bees year-round.
7. Grow plants native to your area in your yard and garden.
8. Become a beekeeper! Join 4-H or a local Beekeeping club and start keeping bees.